Enhance your employee benefits package with our group accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance plans. Our plans pay a benefit if a covered employee dies or is seriously injured because of an accident. Our plans include 24-hour coverage, meaning we provide benefits whether the injury was at work or not.
AD&D insurance coverage also includes:
- Seatbelt benefit – pays an additional benefit if the employee dies driving or riding in an automobile while wearing a seatbelt.
- Airbag benefit – pays an additional benefit if the employee dies driving or riding in an automobile that has a factory-installed airbag while wearing a seat belt. The police report must establish that the air bag inflated on impact.
- Repatriation benefit – pays a benefit for the employee’s body to be prepared and transported to a mortuary if he or she dies more than 75 miles away from his or her principal address.
- Dependent education benefit – pays benefit installments to the employee’s eligible dependent student if the employee dies.
- Coma benefit – If an injury occurs because of an accident, we will pay the employee or his or her legal representative an additional benefit (if the employee becomes comatose within 31 days of the accident and remains comatose beyond the waiting period). The waiting period is 31 days period the date the employee becomes comatose.
- Payment for quadriplegia, paraplegia and uniplegia – if any of these happen to the employee while covered, he or she may receive a percentage of the dismemberment benefits.
If you are interested in group AD&D insurance coverage, call us at 866.925.2542 or contact your sales representative or broker.