Effective Date: January 18, 2013
- Disclaimer on Emergency Medical Conditions. DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICES. IN AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE NUMBER.
- Medical Disclaimers. We do not provide medical referral services. Medical Mutual does not endorse, recommend, or approve any product, service, or physician listed on this Site unless expressly stated. We are not medical professionals and we do not provide medical treatment. Your reliance upon Content obtained by you at or through the Site is solely at your own risk. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site.
- Registration; Passwords. Use of certain portions of this Site requires registration and passwords. You agree that any registration information that you provide shall be correct and complete. If we believe that any registration information is not correct and complete, we have the right to refuse you access to this Site or applicable portions of this Site and/or to terminate, suspend, or restrict your Use of this Site or applicable portions of this Site. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of any password(s) you use to access this Site, and you are fully responsible for the actions of any person or entity that accesses this Site using your password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s).
- Products and Services. The information and descriptions contained on this Site are intended as general information and are not necessarily complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions, and conditions applicable to the products and services offered by Medical Mutual. Further, the product and/or service descriptions provided on this Site are not intended to constitute offers to sell or solicitations in connection with any such product and/or service. All products may be subject to applicable regulations.
- Minors Prohibited.
- This Site is for Use by adults only. If you are not over 18 years of age, do not Use this Site.
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not for or designed to attract children. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child.
- Copyrights of Third Parties. We respect the copyrights and intellectual property of third parties, and we expect the Users of this Site to do the same. If you believe there is any infringement of any other person’s copyright or intellectual property by this Site, we request that you call it to our attention right away. Please do so by sending whatever information you have to assist us in evaluating same. Any statement made by you to that effect must be made in good faith and may be subject to penalties of perjury that the information is accurate or you have a good faith belief in same. You may send such notices to CorporateCompliance@MedMutual.com
- Compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We respect the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, we have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Users usage of this Site who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and the information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the Content;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the Use of the Content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please contact Medical Mutual’s Copyright Agent at:
Medical Mutual of Ohio
2060 East 9th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-1355
- Content. The Content contained on this Site is provided by Medical Mutual or under license by third parties as a service to the Users of this Site. This Site and the information, Services and materials contained on this Site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You agree that the Use of this Site is at your sole risk. We do not warrant that the information on this Site is accurate, reliable, or current. Additionally, there are no warranties as to results that may be obtained from the Use of this Site.
- Limitations on Use. This Site is owned and operated by Medical Mutual and is for the User’s personal, noncommercial use. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, retransmit, disseminate, display, broadcast, circulate, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or commercially exploit, in any way, any Content obtained from this Site.
- No Warranty. The Content published on this Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the Use or the results of the Use of the materials in this Site in terms of their correctness, completeness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise.
- Advertisements and Links to Other Websites. This Site may contain advertisements placed by or on behalf of third parties. These advertisements may contain links to other websites. We may occasionally provide links on its Site to third party websites. These links connect you with other websites that are maintained by other parties over whom we have no control. These links are provided only as a convenience to you, and we do not assume any responsibility for nor endorse such other websites. UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED BY US, MEDICAL MUTUAL DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE PARTICULAR PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR WEBSITES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES OR MAKE ANY DETERMINATION WHETHER ANY SUCH PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR WEBSITE MAY BE EITHER NECESSARY OR APPROPRIATE FOR YOU. MEDICAL MUTUAL MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENTS OF PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION OFFERED IN SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES. Consequently, Medical Mutual is not and shall not be held responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of materials contained in such third party sites.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR WARRANTIES ARISING BY COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OF TRADE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CURRENT. NEITHER MEDICAL MUTUAL NOR ANY OTHER CONTENT PROVIDERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE DATA FROM WHICH THE INFORMATION IS COMPILED OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION ITSELF, NOR THE COMPATIBILITY OF THE INFORMATION WITH ANY HARDWARE AND SYSTEMS. WE ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (i) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, (ii) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, UNAUTHORIZED CODE, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (iii) ARE SECURE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONS YOU BELIEVE NECESSARY OR ADVISABLE TO PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, LOSS OR HAZARD THAT MAY ARISE BY VIRTUE OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE. MEDICAL MUTUAL AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIER ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT, BRAND, METHOD, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE IN ANY WAY, AND THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR ANY ASSURANCE THAT THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED OR DESCRIBED ON THIS SITE WILL SATISFY ANY REQUIREMENTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE. BY USING THIS SITE, THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS AT THE USER'S SOLE RISK AND THE USER ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH USE OF THIS SITE.
NEITHER MEDICAL MUTUAL NOR ANY THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER CAN ASSURE THAT THE USER, IN USING THIS SITE, HAS SELECTED AN APPROPRIATE SERVICE PROVIDER. AGAIN, YOU SHOULD USE THIS SITE FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties. Therefore, only if required by applicable law, some or all of the exclusions or limitations above may not apply to you. You may have other rights from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. AS CONSIDERATION FOR USER'S OPPORTUNITY TO USE THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT AND SERVICES, USER AGREES THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER WILL MEDICAL MUTUAL OR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH MEDICAL MUTUAL OR THIS SITE BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER ENTITY FOR ANY ACTION OR INACTION TAKEN BY USER IN RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. NEITHER MEDICAL MUTUAL NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH MEDICAL MUTUAL SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OR RELATE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER TO (i) YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR (ii) ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, DEFECTS, UNTIMELINESS, SECURITY BREACHES, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE TO PERFORM BY MEDICAL MUTUAL OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MEDICAL MUTUAL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of certain types of damages. Therefore, only if required by applicable law, some or all of the exclusions above may not apply to you. You may have other rights from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Foreign Access or Use. We make no claim that the Site is appropriate for access or Use outside the United States and Puerto Rico. Your access and/or Use of the Site outside the United States and Puerto Rico are at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
- Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed to Use this Site and all charges related thereto.
- Business Partners. Any of our business partners identified in this Site are independent of Medical Mutual. Such business partners are not joint venture partners or any other kind of partners of Medical Mutual. No employee or representative of any business partner is under our control.
- Jurisdiction. We control and operate this Site from our headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. We do not represent or warrant that any materials on this Site are appropriate or available for Use in any other location. If you choose to Use this Site from another location, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with any and all local laws.
Medical Mutual of Ohio
2060 East 9th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-1355