Chronic Condition Management Program
If you are living with a chronic health condition, like asthmas or diabetes, our Disease Management Program can offer education and support to help you achieve your best overall health. Gain exclusive telephone access to specially trained Health Coaches that can provide valuable knowledge about your condition(s).
You can benefit from these program offerings at no out-of-pocket cost:
- Proactive education to improve understanding of your condition
- Tips to help you self-manage your condition and make healthy behavioral changes
- Condition-specific supplies, like diabetes testing supplies, peak-flow meter
This program is available if you’ve been diagnosed with one or more of the following conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
Case Management Program
If you’re dealing with a serious illness or injury, you can use personalized advice and assistance to help you cope and work toward improving your overall health and wellness.
Our Case Management Program provides exactly that, giving you access to the right care, at the right time and at the right price. Our dedicated Nurse Case Managers, who are registered nurses, specialize in specific disease states for about 50 different conditions, like cancer, transplants and high-risk neonatal care.
- Individualized program that works with your doctor and Medical Mutual Nurse Case Manager to promote safe, cost-effective care
- Access to educational materials and support specific to your condition
- No out-of-pocket cost if you’re eligible to participate
- Voluntary program participation
Philosophy and Ethical Framework
The goal of Medical Mutual’s Case Management Program is to help you achieve wellness, stability and independence by taking an active role in improving your health. We do this using several different resources like advocacy, communication, education, identification of community resources and service facilitation.
Using a variety of principles, interventions and strategies, we work closely with you to determine how we can help improve your health. We do this together with your healthcare team to coordinate care and ensure your receive the highest quality care.
Our Case Management practices were developed using established ethical guidelines and a philosophy based on the recommendation that members like you, particularly those experiencing catastrophic injuries or chronic illnesses, should be evaluated for Case Management services and receive the personalized support you need.
If you’re pregnant, our Maternity Program can offer education and support to help you achieve your best overall health. The Maternity Program provides you with a specially trained Maternity Health Coach. Whether you’re a first-time mom or expanding your family, it’s comforting to have exclusive access to a maternity expert that can provide the valuable knowledge you need for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Our Maternity Program provides these services to expecting mothers at no out-of-pocket cost:
- “Your Journey Through Pregnancy,” a helpful reference guide
- Customized educational materials
- Access to a nurse throughout your pregnancy, including the first six weeks after delivery
Your Maternity Health Coach can provide valuable advice and tips on:
- Everything from morning sickness to breastfeeding
- What to expect when you’re expecting
- Preparing for labor, delivery and a new baby
- Nutrition and healthy eating