Our Basics program is provided to all Medical Mutual groups at no additional cost. It focuses on education and health programs while providing employees with tools to help them learn about their overall health and their risk for developing chronic conditions. The program seeks to help employees improve lifestyle behaviors through the following elements:
- Enhanced member dashboards to easily track progress
- An NCQA-certified health risk assessment
- Syncing with wearable fitness devices
- An online university offering video-based health improvement classes
- Group and individual health and wellness challenges
- A library of healthy reference content and recipes
- Variety of member educational tools and services available through the app as well as targeted mailings, brochures for workplace and on-site health fairs, our Healthy Outlooks newsletter and more
The Basics program also includes access to a variety of supporting services and programs:
Medical Mutual’s wellness portal acts as the gateway into many other health and wellness programs and services. The site offers interactive resources and tools to help employees make lifestyle changes and set and achieve health goals.
Our online health assessment analyzes the employee’s daily health habits, health history and current medical information. Each employee receives a personalized set of recommended behavior changes to help improve his or her overall health.
Our QuitLine program helps tobacco users quit for good with one-on-one coaching, a personalized quit plan and educational materials. Participants can receive a supply of nicotine replacement therapy at no charge.
Medical Mutual members can enroll in a WW program at a discounted rate of nearly 50 percent off standard membership fees.
Medical Mutual members enjoy reduced enrollment and/or monthly fees at participating local and national fitness clubs through the Curves® and GlobalFit® networks.
All Medical Mutual members have access to valuable discounts on a variety of products and services, including fitness and health products, hearing aids, yoga accessories and more.
Healthy Outlooks Newsletter
Healthy Outlooks offers in-depth articles on important health issues, as well as tips that help your employees fully benefit from the discounts and programs available through their Medical Mutual plan.